We just finished cardio! Let's just say I'm really excited to be done with it! It was basically a combination of physics and then normal medical school madness. Not a good combination, but it's done now. We just started renal and respiratory today. Only two lectures so far, but it does seem eerily similar to cardio so far (just in a different set of organs). We'll see how it goes.
More importantly, we had this past weekend off! Lyndon flew in from CA on Thursday and stayed until today. We had a really great time!
Thursday we didn't do too much, I just studied for my lovely exam on Friday but once that exam was finished on Friday we began an entire weekend of non-studying and fun! On Friday we basically just ran around Albany doing all the things I hadn't gotten around to in the last two weeks before my exam. We also went and checked out the Albany Pump Station, a local brewery/restaurant in town. I've been there once before, but it was nice to just get out and eat an actual meal that consisted of meat and vegetables and everything else that people normally eat.
Saturday, we got all dressed up and went to formal! It was very fun to see all my classmates dressed up and acting ridiculous (although the second part isn't too out of character). Attached are some photos of the evening!
Before leaving home! Roommates +Lyndon and Matt

Most of the people I sat with at formal.

Lyndon and I!
My roommates and I!
On Sunday, Lyndon and I got up late and headed out to Saratoga Springs. It was a fun day to just wander around a bit and check out the sites. We wandered around the state park up there and also headed to Saratoga Lake! Pictures below again!

Lyndon and I in Saratoga!

That's a frozen lake (standing on it actually)

People drive cars onto the frozen lake- then they ice fish! We decided to just walk on the ice and skipped driving across it!

Lyndon on the ice! Can't do that in CA!

Sunny in the state park! There is a big performing arts center there, it was fun to wander a bit!
Anyway, then we came home, wandered around a bit, tried some new restaurants and he left today. It was a great and refreshing weekend although I wish it had been longer! Next month is spring break though so I am really looking forward to that now!
That's about it for now, update again in probably a month or so! (Or less if something more exciting happens than just studying)
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment